Complete Loco - Tweaked Front-End
The first loco, LMS Black 46115 Scots Guardsman, is now in game. Since the last preview was shown, a few modifications have taken place. These have been mainly focused around the smokebox area. The shape and profile of a 'Scot' is so distinctive. Tom is determined for the loco's to look 'just right'. A month or so ago, Tom reworked the front end. This included making changes to the smokebox door, smokebox and the adding of some extra details.
During our discussions about the project, we made the decision to ensure that a version without smoke deflectors was possible. That meant that Tom had to make sure that all the necessary detail was present in an area that would previously have been hidden. This included the addition of rivet detail, and, as seen in the second of the two pictures below, modeling of the ejector drain, which is very much obscured by the smoke deflector on that side.
Variety Is The Spice Of life
One thing which we haven't fully shared yet, are the many views available in cabview. See them all below:
|The first view is leaning out the drivers side|
|Driver Seated Position|
|Driver Standing Position|
|Driver looking across cab view|
|Looking into the firebox|
|Fireman seated view|
|Fireman leaning out of cab view|
Yes, that's 7 views!!
What's Left to Complete?
- The BR Green variant is complete and just needs putting into game, once we are happy with everything. Tom still needs to do the LMS Crimson Lake and BR Maroon variants. The dynamic numbering for the generic version still needs doing as well
- The LMS Black variant is all done in game. Tom just needs to fiddle with the lining here and there to get the alignment correct
- Tom is currently working on the nameplates. Seven crest types are being created. Blow are some examples which Tom has traced by hand!
- Development of 46100 with the air pump/dual brakes and modified tender
- Sounds have yet to be started
More Soon. . . . . . . . . . .